Monday, July 6, 2009

June Summary

June was a good month, brain-wise. My husband traveled. I do miss him when he is away; I always get more me time when he is on the road. I am an introvert, so I appreciate the extra time to myself. I read three full-length books and two books of poetry.

Additionally, it was time for me to renew my nursing license. When I was working full time, this was an easy task. The education department at the hospital I was employed in made it a priority to make sure that there were plenty of on campus opportunities to earn the continuing education credits that the state requires you have when you renew your license. I no longer work outside the home. I keep my nursing license so that I can work if I need to become our home's primary bread winner. I hope that my life never comes to that. If I just needed a job for extra money, I would never re-enter health care and subject myself to shift rotations, holidays away from family, the legal liability, and ever larger patients. I especially wouldn't do it in my current community where the hospital contract and salary scale doesn't recognize my masters degree and as my experience was gained in a different community would only pay me for half of my experience. So, I read and completed a professional course too.

I didn't watch any movies this month. I have none to recommend. But, I did go see Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaur. It was okay. My 3- and 5-year old loved it! I like Up better.

No comments:

Post a Comment