Monday, February 2, 2009

Official First Entry

I am rather loose with New Year's Resolutions. I think about how I would like to change my life and then hope at some point throughout the year, I get around to making the change. Last year, I added two young people to my family and my adult time went away. By the end of the year, we were approaching our 6-month mark. I was exhausted. So, my New Year's Resolution was to reclaim some of my adult time by making a reading plan.

I had wanted to write a blog entry about each book I read, kind of like virtual accountability. I already have a blog and I have failed at dual-blogging in the past. Still, I decided that I would not try to add my book reviews to my regular blog. I had hoped to get this blog up and running earlier; however, in keeping up with my rather loose implementation of resolutions, I spent most of the last month designing my blog skin. Do you think it is pretty? I did start my reading earlier in the year. I transferred all of the book reviews I had written on my old blog to this, official (kind of) reading blog.

The name of my blog, Gentle Traveler, is really a dream remade. I had always said that if I ever had a little girl I would name her Damaris Sojourner. Damaris means to tame or gentle. And, of course the word traveler comes from Sojourner. I never gave birth to a child. The children who I parent all were named by their mothers, a gift I chose to leave intact when they were adopted into our family.

So, does that mean this blog is my baby? How pitiful is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment